Friday, September 10, 2010

My first post

So this is it. My new creative outlet.
I'm going to share some of my favourite gluten-free recipes in the days and months to come. Most I've come up myself from experimenting with flours, flavours and new product discoveries, others will be modified favourites from childhood.
 I was diagnosed with celiac disease back in 1997. Back then, even the nutritionist didn't know what to do with me as this wasn't a new disease, but not well known of or heard of at the time. Now you can find gluten-free products everywhere! My quest for the best bread recipe is still just that: a quest. But in my quest I've discovered great new grains - well, new to me - and have experimented with ways of using them.
I love to cook, but for me, the presentation is key. Think of it as a cake. You make this delicious cake. There it is, on a plate. Appealing? Not so much on it's own. Now spread on the icing. That's better. How about some little flowers or stars, some sparkles and iced design... Now you're getting the idea. The nicer the presentation, the tastier the dish gets. Decorating food not only adds colour, but depending on what you choose, can add that little 'extra' to take your dish from hum to YUM!

Come back tomorrow for the my first ever recipe post! Gluten-free, of course. But you don't have to be on a gluten-free diet to enjoy it. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment