The crust is a simple brown rice wrap, which I find in the freezer section of my local Zerhs, but some health food stores carry it too. I'll put that in my blog tomorrow with a breakfast recipe I use these wraps for too.
For now, I'll just put in my fave pesto combo for pizza sauce. It makes a great pasta sauce too.
Pesto:
1 bunch fresh basil
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
1 tbsp. grated parmesian cheese (optional)
In a small skillet, heat on medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add pine nuts and lightly brown for about two minutes, tossing them constantly so they don't burn. As soon as they are lightly browned, move to a plate to cool.
In a blender, add all other ingredients and pine nuts. Blend for about 13 seconds, give it a stir and blend again for another 15 to 30 seconds until smooth.
Use to spread onto your 'crust' (wrap). YOu can put the rest in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
Add any other ingredients like sliced ham, chicken or shrimp, roasted red peppers, olives and whatever cheese you like. A mild white cheese like feta or mozzarella is a great pairing with the pesto.
Put in a 425˙F preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Delish!
Brand name of wraps and more to come tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment